Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Rylan turned 18 months on Wednesday! Can it be possible that he is already half way to 2? We had a little birthday cupcake to celebrate. He gobbled that thing right up! My Mr. Picky lately sure did not have a problem with eating a sweet treat. I wonder where he gets that from. I am trying my best not to create a picky eater, making him eat whatever we are having for dinner. Some nights it goes very well, and then there are the nights in which he will only drink his milk and sign to eat more, but of course does not want more of what we are having. I have not given in though. I know he won't starve himself and eventually will learn to eat what we are...hopefully!

We also had fun this week dressing up to root for our MSU Spartans! Go Green! I think it will be a tough road to actually make it to the Final Four, but I am sure Coach Izzo will do his best to make that happen. Rylan already has green running through him. How could he not?

Rylan continues to enjoy the finer things in life: cars, reading the Sunday newspaper (or car and truck advertisements), stopping to smell the flowers, and being chased. He seems to be attempting new words each day, usually getting at least the front or middle part of them. He now says "chee" for pictures, and "ch ch" for trains. Slowly but surely we are getting there!

No comments: