This past week brought us tons of fun and entertainment. First and foremost, we were so very proud of our MSU Spartans for making it to the championship game on April 6th in Detroit. Watching the Spartans play for the past couple of weeks has been very exciting, and even though they did not win the final game, they had an awesome run. Go Green! On a side note, during one of the games, Rylan picked up my phone and had a conversation for about five minutes. He was tilting his heading, moving his hands, and making facial expressions while talking. I was laughing so hard I was crying and Jason actually muted the game so we could sit there and try to figure out what the heck he was saying!
Rylan and I had a week to ourselves last week while Jason was in Germany on business. It actually went very well because I kept us busy doing little craft projects at home. Daddy came home with gifts for both Rylan and me, so we enjoyed playing with our new things when he arrived home on Friday afternoon. Jason bought Rylan a couple of truck books written in German, so I used the Internet to translate them. I also listened to the German pronunciation of the words and Rylan was mimicking the sounds the man on the Internet was making. It was hilarious.
We also ventured to the Houston Children's Museum for the first time and ended up buying a membership. We went there with Kristen, Casey, and Andrew, but also met Brandy and Nicholas there. Rylan had so much fun and I can't wait to take him back. There will be things for him to really enjoy over the next few years and he loves to explore new things.
Rylan has been trying some new things out lately. He has managed to go potty on the big boy potty a few times before baths. I know we are a long way off before this happens consistently, but I think it is a good start. Rylan is also climbing things a lot more. The other day I was vacuuming my car out while he was playing in the garage, and the next thing I knew, he was in the front seat! He also managed to climb into his booster seat at dinner last night. Furthermore, Rylan now attempts to actually jump on the trampoline at gym. He bends his little knees and bounces. It is very cute! All of this activity probably is in direct correlation with his 18 month check up in which he grew an inch and a half and lost a pound and a half! "Long and lean is how we like them," said Dr. Harry (80th percentile for height/20th percentile for weight).
To end the week, Rylan and I attended an Easter Egg Hunt. He did well for about two minutes and then he thought the eggs were balls, and started throwing them :) Such a boy! There were also a bunch of activities for the children to do as well. We made a little cross necklace, a picture frame, decorated a cookie with frosting and sprinkles, and gave the Easter bunny high five!
No comments:
Post a Comment