We are back from our week long adventure Up North in Michigan. Besides traveling to and from Traverse City, the remainder of the trip went well.
It was so fun to take Rylan to some of our favorite places now that he can appreciate them more. It is going to be fun to see him through the years enjoy each of these spots in different ways. I remember how much fun I had when I was a little girl! I think my favorite thing growing up and even on this trip was our visit to the Sleeping Bear Dunes. Who doesn't love a huge hill of sand? It was a blast watching Rylan walking up the hill, running around, and rolling around. He was a tough little guy, because climbing the hill is not easy!
We also had fun visiting our favorite restaurants, going to the beach, hanging out and taking walks near the cottage, attending Glen Arbor's Fire Department Kids' day, miniature golf, and spending time with the family.
Jason and I were able to get away for a couple of days to Mackinac Island for our anniversary. It was very nice to have that time to ourselves. We stayed at the Grand Hotel and were spoiled with a fabulous dinner and fancy accommodations! We toured the island on bikes and enjoyed walking around the town and eating fudge :)!
Thanks Papa and Grandma for the great visit and free babysitting!
...off to Atlanta on Thursday for Meg's wedding and Lake Nottely...then home for good...whew, what a whirlwind summer!!!!
1 comment:
Glad you had a great time - well deserved!!! Have fun in Atlanta...keep those pictures coming - we love them!!
Post a Comment