Monday, November 16, 2009

November fun!

It has been a very busy last few weeks! From surgeries to sickness, and several doctor's appointments later, I think we are finally on the mend. The day before Halloween, Jason had an elective foot surgery on an issue that has been bothering his left foot for the past five years or so. The surgery went well, but with over a three inch screw inserted through his heel, the recovery time is long. The doctor is hoping that J will be able to begin to put weight on it in about three weeks. He is managing to get around pretty well on his crutches and scooter. Yes, I said scooter. I do need to get pictures of that! Rylan and Daddy had a pretty good time racing around the house the other day. Rylan ran with his shopping cart while Daddy zoomed around on the scooter...nice!

I cannot forget about Halloween even though it was kind of surreal through all of the chaos. Rylan was the cutest little turtle I have ever seen, if I do say so myself! He really enjoyed trick-or-treating with Andrew and Casey and quickly got the hang of it, even though luckily he did not realize that he was receiving candy each time! It was a perfect Texas Halloween night and we all had a blast. Missi was able to enjoy it also because she was here helping me out with Rylan and the patient. I would not have been able to make it through those first several days without her. On top of all of that, my birthday was during this time as well, and it was nice to have Missi here; it gave me a little time to take a break for the day!

Rylan and I are finally getting over our little illnesses, ear and throat infections respectively. My poor little guy had been cooped up in the house since last Wednesday because his fever would just not break. Today we were finally able to leave. Yeah! We ventured out to a great little place called Dewberry Farms. We had so much fun running around, riding the corn train, jumping around, hay ride, playground, goat feeding, and so much more. It was a very enjoyable and much needed day!

No comments: