Tuesdays are usually our free days. We never have much going on, so Rylan and I usually enjoying hanging out in our comfy clothes, doing some small tasks around the house, and just relaxing. Today was no different, although I had a pretty good nesting urge. Part of it was due to the fact that the cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow so of course I need to straighten up so that they can actually clean, but I think part of it was the nesting urge as well. The weather has been really nice the last few days, so Rylan and I started our "cleaning day" outside by the pool. We worked on watering plants, killing fire ant mounds :), and simply putting things away and where they belong. We moved inside and started working in the nursery closet, making sure that everything was ready...again. We spot cleaned the couch, washed the pillow covers from the couch, watered inside plants, cleaned up the guest room for company, gathered our stuff for crazy Wednesday, and were just busy bees.
The nursery provoked something within Rylan that continued throughout the day. He retrieved baby Jeter, Jason's Cabbage Patch kid from when he was little, and took care of him all day. We had to change diapers, put him in the carrier and push him around in the stroller, and feed him. I was also told that I had to read a book to baby Jeter and Rylan would turn the pages, so that we could put him down for a nap. And of course baby Jeter had to sleep in the crib with Rylan's puppy and baby girl's big doll. It was very precious and made my heart smile. After my shower today, Rylan also continued the nurturing by hugging and kissing my belly and wanting to rub lotion on his baby sister. Could he be anymore sweet? I am sure that I will be shedding many tears over the next several weeks, probably years, watching the bond that they create. My heart is definitely full and I am very excited to meet our princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment