Tuesday, August 9, 2011

quick update

August is ticking away and we go up north in a week!!!!  We are so excited to get out of the 100 degree weather for two weeks.  My Mom said it was barely 70 today!  I can't wait to pack jeans and long sleeves!

Callie Jae has been quite a little character lately.  She is beginning to mimic a little bit.  For about a week straight, she focused real hard on blowing raspberries constantly.  Each time I got near her belly, she stuck out her tongue and did it...very cute. 

Today, 8/9, was the first time since we began solids, that she actually opened her mouth like a little bird when the spoon came near.  It was fun to see her do that.  Her favorite foods so far have been avocado and banana puree, sweet potato, and she enjoys when I mix formula into her cereals (instead of just water).  Making her food has been easy and fun so far.  I actually bought baby food green beans from the store yesterday because mine did not turn out very smooth.  I have to mix mine with rice cereal in order for her to eat them.  I actually felt really good when she completely spit out the store bought stuff.  She wanted NOTHING to do with those!  At least she will eat mine with rice cereal, so beans and rice it is!

My favorite joy as a Mom right now is to watch Callie Jae's face light up around Rylan.  Those stares and little joys that I used to love getting from Rylan when he was a baby seemed to be saved for him this time around.  I still get some of them, but Rylan ALWAYS gets the loving looks from his little sis.  Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need babysitters during wedding festivities? We
volunteer ;)