Today has been a day that I think will be life changing for this family of ours. Rylan and I went to church this morning to listen to my close friend Kelli, give an account of her trip to Ecuador to visit the children that are sponsored through Compassion International. Each church service played a short 5 minute video to summarize a trip that lasted for only two days, but one that has the potential to affect approximately 300 children that St. Peter's is trying to get sponsored. I, as were most people in the services, was completely overwhelmed by the compassion, faith, sweetness, and love that moves people in our world. Through Compassion International, we are going to have the opportunity to sponsor a child, a one on one sponsorship, in which he will receive our financial, spiritual, and encouraging support. We will be able to have correspondence with him through letter writing and I hope and dream of being able to meet him one day. Watching Kelli meeting Mateo on the video, the little boy that her and Chris have sponsored for the last few years, was a moment that I will never forget. Meet the newest member of our family, chosen by Rylan, Juan. He recently turned 5 and loves to play soccer, run, and play ball games. Please keep him in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment