Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Loving the Fall

As always, we have had a busy fall and enjoying lots of activities.  The kids are in full swing at school and both enjoying it thoroughly.  Every MWF Rylan enjoys the Ladybug class and the group of friends that he has been able to be with for the last couple of years.  Mrs. King and Mrs. Nunnely are super sweet and enjoy Rylan very much.  Callie Jae is a part of the Fish class on MW and LOVES going to school.  No tears are shed and the very mention of Ms. Flo, Ms. Yvonne, or Annslee, she is heading to door and looking for shoes to put on.  She has quite the vocabulary, compared to Rylan at this age, and loves to "talk" even though we don't understand most of what she says.  Rylan was sharing a story at dinner the other night, and she tried very hard to talk at the same time and use all of the facial and hand expressions that he was.  She likes to do EVERYTHING that the big kids do.  Tomorrow is picture day, so we tried on her outfit to make sure it fits.  Callie Jae of course did not want to take it off, especially the shoes!



This Fall we have also enjoyed our annual trip to Dewberry Farms.  I have to admit, it was much more fun when I only had to worry about one child.  The idea of being at a pumpkin patch and participating in the activities with friends sounds great, but the reality of the situation ends up being a little different.  Being that it is still 85 degrees outside and keeping track of two children amongst groups of field trips ends up putting a damper on things.  The kids had a blast though which is all that matters.







Our annual ECDC Fall Family Festival is Saturday.  I am so excited for it, as it really is my final activity that I will be involved in for Advisory Council.  I am in charge of it this year with a couple of friends, so it will be nice to see our hard work come together and pay off.  I will be sad to not be on Council anymore, but I am excited to begin the next chapter.  I am looking forward to the next six months or so of not having any obligations before Kindergarten starts for Rylan.

~hugs and love~

No comments: