Tuesday, February 12, 2013

So, have I told you lately...

that I have an absolutely amazing husband?  Seriously, he is the best!  He has had all kinds of surprises in store for me the last couple of weeks and I can't contain my excitement.  A few of the fun things that have been going on are:

1.  His group within Shell had such a fabulous year, that his boss' boss, is taking all of them and their spouses, sans kids, to the New Orleans Jazz Fest the end of April!  Woo hoo!  I am SO EXCITED! I have never been and cannot wait!

2.  Through Shell, he was able to get some tickets to the rodeo to see Tim McGraw in March!  Woo hoo once again.

3.  THE BEST ONE...On Sunday at church, Scott, our pastor, was giving announcements at the beginning of the service and was talking about the trip to Ecuador in August with Compassion International.  It will be a mission trip in which the group going will have the opportunity to tour the Compassion International Headquarters in Quito and see the inner workings, work at a Child Development Center on a project, have a day in the life of a family living in poverty, and then a fun day with your sponsored child if you have one.  He says, "so we had a few people sign up this week and one couple is celebrating their 10th anniversary the end of July (and I'm thinking, cool, someone else is celebrating their anniversary) and her husband thought it would be a great experience for them to go...Sarah and Jason Eckel will be going."  I think my jaw hit the floor.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!  I am over the moon!

Amazing things are going on right now in this family and I am so proud to be apart of it!  God is good!