Monday, June 29, 2009

We're back!

Thursday night we returned from a fabulous trip up to Ohio. We were gone for 12 days and each day was filled with something new, fun, and exciting. I think Rylan averaged about 2.5 hour naps each day because he was so exhausted from all of the activity. He did an amazing job considering how long we were gone and I could not have asked for it to go any better.

There is something to be said for visiting family and friends NOT surrounding a holiday event. It is nice to not have a schedule that revolves around major gatherings and food :). We did not plan on doing anything major (well one thing ;-)), and just took it day by day. I can honestly say that it was probably the nicest family vacation we have had yet!

The first part of the week consisted of projects around the house, family time, EnterTRAINment Junction, and the zoo. Rylan is big into trains right now and EnterTRAINment Junction was the perfect place to take a little boy that loves trains. Not only did they have a huge train display that he loved to look at, but they also had a couple of little train rides that he really loved. He also really enjoyed playing with the wooden Thomas the Train sets that were displayed. We also went of the Cinci Zoo with Jason's buddy Chris, his wife Kim, and their 2 year old daughter Ava. As you will see in the pics and videos, it was a big hit! The highlights included feeding nectar to birds that landed all over you, feeding the giraffe, and holding hands with Ava.

The later part of the week Jason and I were able to go on a little date and we also had family pictures taken. They should be ready pretty soon and I will post a link to them once I get them. I am pretty sure that they will be very cute...can't wait to see them! The one big event that was scheduled was Jason's birthday. I threw a little surprise party for Jason's 30th with the help of J's family and Chris. It turned out really well and he had absolutely no idea. We celebrated at the Eckel house with family and close friends and then ended up at a local bar toward the end of the evening. The little kids had a blast and it was just a great day! Jason said, "it was the best birthday I have ever had." That made me feel really good and I am so happy that I was able to pull it off. I could have never accomplished it without everyone's help, so thank you!

The last few days of our stay were spent with the Wood family in Massillon, OH. Rylan and I took Missi's van and made the 3.5 hour trip on Monday morning. He is a great little traveler. We had so much fun visiting Ashlyn, Katie, and Mike. We went to music class, gym class, and played in the baby pool. Rylan also got a good lesson about feeding baby dolls, having a tea party, and playing "kitchen." I really enjoyed my time with Katie and we miss them already.

Thank you to Missi and Pop, Aunt Jenny, and Katie and Mike for the great vacation. We had a great time and appreciate your thoughtfulness and hospitality. We hope you enjoy the new pics and videos!

No comments: