Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall is here!

Where is the time going? I can't believe we are getting close to the end of October already. Things are moving right along as usual! Here are a few of my favorite Rylan moments over the past few weeks.

Rylan has been something else lately. He is just cracking me up! His new favorite thing over the past couple of weeks is to say "bye" to everything. I thought the cutest "bye" was said to a dog in a car that was parked in front of us in the Target parking lot. As I was backing out, he said, "bye dog." I had no idea that there was even a dog around so it kind of took me by surpise. Another cute one is "bye pee" after he flushes the toilet :)!

Rylan has finally mastered opening and closing all of the interior doors in our house. He is constantly walking around opening and closing, opening and closing. The childproof knobs will definitely be coming in handy. During Rylan's independent play time last week, I caught him playing with his old baby play mat (that was packed away in a plastic bag in the closed closet). It was cute to see him play and remember what he spent months staring at. That same day he also put on sunglasses upside down and was walking around his room talking away and "reading" anything that had words on it. Now of course you would think he was reading Chinese, but at least he is trying :). He is big into trying to say all of the letters names as well, which seems to be part of his "reading" technique.


When I picked Rylan up from school last week, his teachers asked me if he ever got upset about anything. I said not really (although good thing they did not ask me after this weekend...bad napping the last few days). They proceeded to tell me that they think he is just so well-natured and so smart, not only intelligence but his common sense. "He is just a really smart 2-year-old." They further said that he is always happy, understands everything they say, and is a great observer. Of course I walked out of there beaming. I hope those kind of reports continue for years to come! His note that day also stated that he used the potty there. Not sure how that scenario all went down, but I will definitely be asking this week! Rylan is really enjoying school now and Ms. Georgia said that he just loves art. He has painted a pig, made a spider web, fall leaves, and hand cut outs. He is all smiles when I come to get him every Thursday! I am so glad he is having a blast!

Rylan's vocabulary is really picking up the last few weeks. He "talks" all the time now, even if you can't understand him, but there are many new words that he says everyday. He officially put his first sentence together yesterday at the dinner table: "Daddy jump pool." I thought that was pretty darn good. I love hearing his thoughts verbalized...it is a whole new exciting phase!

Today we had a playdate up in The Woodlands at Stephanie's and baby Cassie's house. Rylan had a blast running around outside with the bigger kids. It was really cute to see them all so happy together. Some of the pics are posted in the album, but they were transferred a few times, so if you want to see better clarity, visit Cata's dropshots at http://www.dropshots.com/anacatalinaf

Happy Fall!

No comments: