I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and once again today it was reconfirmed. God knows what we are capable of enduring in our lives and is always with us through every experience, even the ones that hurt. It was almost a year ago today that we found out that I was having a miscarriage and would have to undergo a D&C. What seemed to be such an awful and painful experience led to a year of incredible changes in my life. Right around that same time, Rylan also began school and I was introduced to an amazing group of women through our church, St. Peter's. I have since become very close with many of them and value their friendship more that I could ever express.
In addition, another great friend of mine invited me to come along with her to a MOPS group, a Christian based Mothers of Preschoolers group. MOPS is another group that is loaded with very inspirational and strong women that I enjoy having friendships with. During the first meeting one of the mom's husbands, who is minister, came and gave us an inspirational opening talk. I said on that day that I would love to go to a church where he was the minister. As of June, Scott, the husband, is now the minister of our church, St. Peter's. Now really, what are the chances of that happening? I knew something was missing in my life last summer after that miscarriage, but the more that I look back and review this past year, I know exactly what was missing. God and St. Peter's has become such an important part of my life. I love being on Council for Rylan's school, the friends I have made are so faithful and irreplaceable, and the worship service with Scott each week is inspirational and fulfilling.
Wow! What a year! And today we got the icing on the cake....we are expecting Baby Eckel #2! It still has yet to fully sink in because I have been really guarded since the beginning, but I think as the next few weeks progress, I will begin to become much more excited. As it was with Rylan, the first several weeks were a little interesting and felt like a roller coaster of emotions, but now at 11.5 weeks and a great appointment today with an amazing new Doctor, I think we can officially announce the news.
God has blessed me once again. I feel so honored to be able to be pregnant one more time and to bring another child into our family. Thank you to so many of you that have prayed for us and continue to do so. I would have been lost the last several weeks without the strength of so many of you holding my hand and your wonderful hugs. You are all an inspiration to me.
1 comment:
Yippee!!! another little Eckel to love! Congrats to mom, dad and big brother!! Hope all goes well and that you and Baby Eckel stay happy and healthy! We love you guys!!
Post a Comment