Thursday, August 19, 2010

Up North continued...

I just realized that I never completed our Up North trip.  As I am sure that you can tell by the pictures that I kept posting, we had a blast at the cottage.  We got to do some of our favorite things such as mini golf, sand dunes, Leland and Fishtown, the Leland Beach, and Glen Arbor.  However, Rylan was able to do some new things this year as well.  He went kayaking with Uncle Jim, Liz, and Ben and he also went fishing on the boat with Uncle Jim, Papa, and Ben.  They did not catch anything, but they got "bites."  He was also old enough to "drive."  :)  This is a tradition that my brother and I used to do growing up.  When we got to the end of the road, my brother and I would take turns sitting on my Dad or Papa's lap and "drive" the rest of the way to the cottage.  Rylan did not forget when it was his turn!  We were leaving a restaurant one night and he said to my brother, "Uncle Jim, when we get to the dirt road, can I drive?"  Can't let anything slip by him!

Rylan had so much fun playing with his cousin.  My brother and I found it amusing a few times because the boys started wrestling like brothers, so of course we let them be boys and be rough and tumble.  It was a perfect time to be Up North and was very relaxing.  Thanks Mom and Dad for taking such good care of us and keeping Rylan entertained for 2.5 weeks!

No comments: