Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FIrst Day of School!

I just dropped Rylan off at St. Peter's ECDC for his first day of preschool.  What an enormous difference from a year ago!  He is such a big boy!  He knew exactly what to do when he got there...put his stuff in his cubby, washed hands, found the toys, and gave Mommy a big hug and kiss with a big smile and said "bye, go get your oil changed in your new car."  (I told him yesterday that was one of the things I had to do today because he asked what I was going to do when he was at school.  Funny bug!)

I was fine until I read a little goody bag from the teachers:
"My first day of school is here...
You can leave me in my teacher's loving care.
Go home and enjoy a hot cup of tea...
Feel the soft cotton and think of me...
With a tissue to brush away your tears...
And kisses to last you until I'm here!"
So that got me choked up a little bit.  I am going to be a mess when he goes to kindergarten!  I have three more years to worry about that though!

Well off to the joys of school days...how many errands can one person get done in a 5 hour time span.  It's amazing how quickly that time goes by!

1 comment:

LynnO said...

Hope the first day of school was fantastic!!