Having an almost 3 1/2 year boy does make for some interesting conversations when he sees his Mommy pregnant. WARNING: If this topic will embarrass you, please do not read on :). There have definitely been some moments that have made me laugh but I have to say that I just approach them with the innocence in which they are brought up.
My favorite being a moment when Rylan was brushing his teeth a month or so ago. He usually leans up against my chest and hugs me when it is my turn to brush. The best way that I can explain this is to say that you know you are flat chested when your three year old points to your breasts and then your belly and says, "look Mommy, 1, 2, 3 babies!" HA! Not used to seeing anything there I guess ;).
The conversation of how baby sister comes out has also been had around here a couple of times. Rylan is not satisfied with the answer "well, Dr. Cole will take her out," so like I said, I have just given him the honest answer with the correct terminology and life goes on.
Tonight, we all got in the hot tub for a little relaxation before dinner. Afterward, I was in my bathroom getting dressed, when Ry runs in naked. He was waiting for me to give him a quick bath. He starts jumping around and on the bed saying, "I'm naked, I'm naked. Mommy, I'm naked like you. There are two of us naked." I said, "actually, there are three of us naked because your baby sister will come out naked as well." Rylan said, "yep, she will come out with a naked butt and penis." I of course corrected that. I always am reminded of Kindergarten cop when I say, "no, boys have a penis and girls have a vagina." That will definitely be my son one day!
Oh the fun and laughter that is had around here! I love all of these moments and thank God that I have been able to experience the joy of raising a child!
No comments:
Post a Comment