Thursday, February 10, 2011

37 Weeks

Well, nothing has changed again.  Our little princess is happy and snug in my belly...snug being the key word.  There are definitely some stretches going on in there that do not feel very good at all.  Yoga is getting more challenging every class, but we only have 4 more left.  I will continue to do as much as I can without hurting myself because like I have said a million times before, I think it is the one thing that has really helped me feel so great during this pregnancy. 

The only bothersome news today was that I tested positive for GBS, Group B Strep.  This is not a dangerous condition for me and normally would not even be treated, but can be dangerous for the baby if not treated.  Fortunately, because they test for it and know that I am a carrier, the hospital will treat me with antibiotic during labor so that hopefully it will not be passed on to her.  Dr. Cole also said that the nursery will want to keep her for at least the full 48 hours before releasing her, to make sure that she is okay.  I am also assuming that means Dr. Harry, our pediatrician, might want to see her a few more times than normal in those first few weeks.  Just one more thing to add on to my prayer list.  Thank God for God!  I feel some comfort in knowing that He will always take care of us and to trust Him no matter what path we may be taken down. 

No comments: