It has been a fantastic week! What a blessing to have our new addition in our lives. Callie Jae so far has been a really great baby. I know she may not stay that way ;), but so far she has made our first week transition go very smoothly. CJ is a great sleeper and has even allowed Mommy to have some pretty restful nights, as much as you can have with a newborn. For the most part, she nurses every 3 hours, with some 2.5 hour times thrown in the mix. At night, she has gone about 4-5 hours of straight sleep before either I have to wake her up, or she does so on her own. It really has been a night and day experience from Rylan. From how great I feel post delivery, to how content she is so far, I couldn't be happier.
Now of course, Grandma and Papa are here to entertain Rylan and take care of things. They have been absolutely amazing and helpful. Rylan is being spoiled rotten and Mommy is able to rest, eat, and take care of Callie Jae exclusively. I could not be more appreciative of my parents. They have been so wonderful and Rylan is enjoying every minute to the point of choosing "Ganma" over me to play with. They just can't say no to him :). I do think though that when they leave, he knows that it will be different. When we have been alone a couple of times, he really has not bugged me to much to "play with me" like he constantly is saying to my parents. He really has been a playing machine and asked my Mom today when they picked him up from school if they could go home and play in his room.
Rylan has also been a great big brother and super sweet with Callie Jae. He calls her his baby sister or his baby. When he can't find her, he will say, "where is my baby?" He attitude towards her did not even change after a rather poopy incident. This is a story that will be told for years. CJ seems to have projectile and forceful poops. The other day when it was time to change her diaper, Rylan wanted to help. We went into the nursery and I put Callie Jae up on the changing table. There is a basket of diapers at the end of the table and I asked Ry to grab me a diaper. While he was bending down to get a diaper, I removed Callie Jae's and was lifting up her legs when the rainbow of poop exploded from her bottom, across the changing table, all over Rylan's head and clothes, the walls, carpet, and basket of diapers. Rylan freaked, I yelled for my Mom, and then the clean up began. Rylan was crying and I threw him in the tub, but soon took on a sense of humor about it with Papa's jokes. He laughed afterward and later told me that he was sorry that his baby sister had pooped all over the place. Could he be any sweeter, even after something like that happens?
So all is wonderful in the Eckel household. There is something so sweet and precious about having a newborn around. Callie Jae makes us all big softies. She has us all wrapped around her little finger!
2 comments:
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Rylan is so sweet. Sounds like Callie is marking her territory, all in one shot!! Glad all is going well and that you are feeling so good. Love you guys!
Too funny!
Annslee is the same way. I got squirted in the face when I was checking her diaper rash. Tell Rylan I feel his pain!
Post a Comment