Monday, July 11, 2011

So don't think I'm a bad mom...

Last night during dinner, we watched that show on TLC about the ice road truckers.  Rylan was fascinated and barely could even eat.  After dinner, Ry and J went upstairs to play while I stayed downstairs and nursed Callie Jae.  Apparently they were simulating the trucking experience and at one point I hear "holy shit!"  Guess who it came from?  From the mouth of my sweet boy!  Not only did he say it, but it was clear as day, and for those of you that know Rylan, his speech is far from being clear.  But of course, holy shit comes out perfectly and in the right context.  Where he got it from?  Lord only knows.  Jason and I were trying to figure it out.  The "s" word has on occasion slipped out from both of us, but never the "holy" part.  I give J a lot of credit because he held it together and did the parent thing.   I, on the other hand, was in tears on the couch.  I barely could contain myself.  J gave him the substitution of "holy cow" as being appropriate, so if you hear that...well, think whatever you'd like :).  I have a feeling this is just the beginning!

2 comments:

Colleen Epp said...

I love this! It is the every day, living with a 3 year old experience that makes life so much fun! Zoe kept saying "Jam it" a couple of weeks ago while throwing a toy on the ground, and at first I thought it was a game she made up (she makes up words and games all the time), but then she came over and asked if it was a bad word....I told her no, she can say Jam it all day if she wants to....I think she thought she was saying damn it, but I wasn't going to tell her the correct cuss word. Haha thanks for sharing!

thoughtful1 said...

Hi all, too funny you guys, wonder where I have heard those words before! One more month to the big wedding! Love Aunt Janet