Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas is in full swing!

This has been a fabulous month so far!  I am really enjoying being able to be home for the holidays this year without the pressure of traveling.  Our entire family, in fact, has really gotten into the spirit.  We have lights on the front of the house AND the back, every single Christmas decoration and ornament is out, the guest room even has Christmas sheets, a throw, and pillows!  Rylan is thoroughly enjoying Nick, our Elf on the Shelf, his countdown to Christmas calendar with daily activities, and three other Advent calendars.  Now, I may not be on top of my game as far as timing on getting things together, but I took a new approach this year...one day at a time.  It seems to be working wonderfully and I am enjoying the season more than ever.  Of course it helps to have a smiling 9 month old that fills your heart with love every single day; thank goodness, because the 4 year old acts like he's 10 lately!  ;)

Rylan has been really enjoying school this year.  He asks every day, "do I have school tomorrow?"  Ms. Debbie told me yesterday how proud she was of him.  Apparently they had a substitute Motor Skills teacher and she thought his name was Ryan.  I guess he politely told her that his name was not Ryan, R-Y-A-N, that it was Rylan with an L in the middle.  He says his name pretty darn cute because he has just recently picked up the middle L sound.  Debbie was very happy!  He continues to work hard on practicing writing his name and even signed about 30 of our Christmas cards!

Life is sweet.  Sometimes I wish I could just bottle it up and keep it like this forever.  I LOVE this phase of innocence, flexibility, fun, and play.  I am so glad that I am able to keep Ry this way for another 1.5 before the craziness and pressure of school begins.  I always thought that it would stink not being able to send him to Kinder next year because of his late birthday, but I have really embraced it and look forward to my little sweet family for an extra year.

God has been so good to us and has blessed us in ways that I can't even begin to explain.  Even in times of sadness, I know that He is always there holding me up.  What an amazing blessing to have Him to always lean on. 

Love, from Texas.

XOXO

No comments: