Looking back at our 2011, I guess I have mixed feelings. It was an amazing year because of our sweet Callie Jae being born. That was definitely our biggest blessing and most exciting event. However, it was not so great with all of Jason's foot problems. We are hoping that is all behind us at this point, but we will pray and keep our fingers and toes crossed :).
We ended the year with a great holiday season and a fun visit from Missi and Pop for Christmas. It was fun to begin some of our own traditions and to have them be a part of them. The kids were both spoiled rotten as always, but it seemed to go pretty smoothly with some strategic planning of present opening. The boys were able to accomplish some major attic projects and the girls and Ry enjoyed baking cookies as well.
The very end of 2011 was super fun as we took an improptu trip to Fort Worth. I saw a Texas AAA book sitting on the foyer table on Wednesday night. As I was asking Jason what is was, he said it was a book for weekend getaways, "like what we should be taking." So I said, well, let's go! We have nothing going on for the next few days. Where do you want to go? Five minutes later, he was looking up Fort Worth and Dallas, I was texting some friends and posting on Facebook, and an hour later we had our hotel booked! We did a couple loads of laundry, left the house as is, and hopped in the car on Thursday after lunch. It was fantastic, much needed, and much deserved family of four time! I feel so blessed and lucky to even have the opportunity to be able to do something like that! We enjoyed downtown Fort Worth, the Fort Worth Zoo, the Stockyards, and the Gaylord Texan Resort.
Enjoy all the pictures taken with my new fancy camera and new lens!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment