Today is a beautiful day here in Katy. It is about 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We began the day with a 9:30 birthday party at Chuck E Cheese for a little boy that is in Rylan's class. It's a lot of fun to see "the boys" interact. Many of them have been together since last year, so they are very comfortable with each other and are definitely good friends. I almost feel bad for their preschool teachers, as I am sure that they probably can be a handful at times!
Yesterday I had MOPS, and at our next meeting we are going to have "A Taste of Moppets." Each table is going to be bringing a snack, main course, and dessert to share with the rest of the group. The dishes are supposed to be kid friendly, hence the "Moppets." I was called out of the meeting a few minutes early because Callie Jae was losing it in the nursery (she won't nap there so she gets really tired). Anyways, I remembered about the tasting this morning and emailed a friend from my table. She said that only dessert had been signed up for and to let her know which one I wanted to cook and she'd do the other. So, long story short, I asked Ry on the way home from the party today what was his favorite main dish that mommy cooks. "Mac and cheese." Well honey, that's out of box; Mommy doesn't cook that. "Soup." Can. "Eggs." Um, no. Apparently I cook nothing that is kid friendly?
Callie Jae has been full of new tricks this past week. She can blow, give five, claps her hands pretty well, pulls up (and gets down) very comfortably, and continues to eat like a horse. Still not sure where she puts it all but she tries to put every speck of something in her mouth. After nursing today, she even tried to get the freckle off of my cheek and put it into her mouth. That was pretty cute and pretty funny. I'm thinking about what I am going to be doing for her birthday, which is in about 6 weeks. Not sure how that can be possible, but it is! I have recently dropped down to three times a day for nursing. The fourth time that was dropped is now replaced with juice and a snack. Yesterday, I caught a glimpse of the new freedom that awaits me 6 weeks from now. After nap, I threw them in the car to run few errands and gave her a sippy and snack cup for the road. It was so nice, and easy! How easily one forgets all of that! After our errands, we stopped at Chik-fil-A and she very easily put away her first kids meal of grilled chicken nuggets and an applesauce pouch! LOVE that place!
No comments:
Post a Comment