Sunday, January 9, 2011

My big boy!

Rylan has made some big changes the last few days.  He has managed to go poo poo on the big boy toilet (no potty seat) all by himself without telling us.  Now of course that presents a few interesting issues, but I am not complaining.  I love the fact that he is trying and wants to be so independent.  He is pretty consistently using the potty by himself when the urge presents itself as well.  Not too much hand holding seems to be needed anymore.

Last night, we laid out his clothes for today.  This morning, as I was laying on the couch, I heard him get up and use the potty, wash his hands, go into his room, and begin to get dressed.  He had difficulty getting his pj top off, but after he found me and I helped him with that, he went back in his room and finished the process.  Tonight, before bath, he managed to get his shirt off by himself for the first time!  Go Rylan!  Mommy couldn't be happier.

I know that there will be some interesting times ahead during the next few months when my next little angel presents herself, but I pray that I can continue to nurture and provide the love that my good little boy requires so that he continues to grow into a great little person!

1 comment:

LynnO said...

Your parents, Jason's parents, my parents and many other have managed to successfully nurture, love and enjoy two children. I have every confidence that you will be at least as successful as those who have done this before you. You guys have huge hearts and great minds. You'll get it all figured out. I'd bet on it!